Our PTA includes parents of both past and present students. The aim of the association is to support the students and staff in any way we can. This includes the provision of funding for student equipment and activities. We also provide much needed refreshments at college events and presentations.
Previous purchases for school use include:
• New hockey kit
• A computer linked weather station for the geography team
• Video editing software
• A “thank you” bowling trip in October for all the new Year 11 prefects
• Helmet Camera for use on skiing trips and PE lessons
• Equipment for Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme
• Microphones for use in Modern Foreign Languages
• Uniforms for the College Choir “Vocal Juice”
• A “Visualiser” for the English Department
• Radio Microphones for College productions
Cricket trousers for all the college teams
We hold a Quiz Evening 2 or 3 times a year, and other events which are all open to the local community. We also meet socially at a local hostelry to attend their quiz evening, both for a bit of fun and to get ideas for our own quiz!
We are always very keen to welcome new members to the association, indeed we need more members who have children in years 7, 8 & 9. This could be simply as an occasional helper in serving refreshments at parent’s evenings, up to serving on our committee which involves attending a monthly committee meeting; any offer of help, large or small will be much appreciated. Another simple way to help is to donate old, good quality uniform e.g. blazers/ties/ jumpers/football boots etc., which the PTA will sell to raise funds for the college.
If you are interested in finding out more about us, please get in contact by either contacting the college or emailing us through the college website. We also have a PTA Facebook page, please find a link below for Crookhorn College PTA and "like" our page to keep updated with our termly events.