For every student in the College we aim to:
Offer a modern educational experience within a framework of the traditional values of Respect, Commitment, Responsibility and Achievement;
Stimulate intellectual, physical, social, moral, cultural and spiritual development within a technological environment.
Nurture individual self-discipline and self-awareness to create confident independent learners.
Promote a caring community in which each member shows mutual consideration, tolerance, respect and goodwill.
Foster a commitment to life long learning and employment, so that each student will thrive happily and confidently in society.
Engage, challenge and encourage every student, through the pursuit of high standards and pride in personal achievement, to achieve his or her academic potential.
The Cornerstones Code
In order to help fulfill these aims students & staff within the college adhere to the Cornerstone's Code.
* I will RESPECT that at Crookhorn learning in the classroom is the priority.
* I will be RESPECTFUL, polite and considerate at all times and follow the teachersí directions in a positive manner.
* I will show RESPECT for the College by wearing the College uniform in the correct way.
* I will RESPECT other peoples property and listen and value their opinions.
* I will RESPECT the College and class environment by eating only at lunch and breaktime and putting my rubbish in the bin.
* I will take RESPONSIBILITY for my own learning.
* I will take RESPONSIBILITY for the care of my environment, buildings, College grounds and community.
* I will take RESPONSIBILITY for my actions and consider how they may affect the learning, health and safety of others.
* I will take RESPONSIBILITY for how I move around the College.
* I will act RESPONSIBLY by leaving valuables at home.
* I will show COMMITMENT to my learning environment by keeping noise and disruption to a level that does not disturb the learning of others.
* I will show COMMITMENT to my education by arriving on time to registration and lessons.
* I will show COMMITMENT to my house team by supporting, through my participation, College and community events
* I will ACHIEVE my potential by always bring the correct equipment to each lesson
* I will ACHIEVE my potential by making sure my behaviour enables me to focus on my personal achievement targets
* I will work hard to ACHIEVE my potential in class work and homework